While we sometimes think that Memorial Day is celebrated with marching parades, patriotic orations, visits to the cemetery to honor the fallen veterans, and cookouts, there are more private and personal expressions of the meaning of Memorial Day. One such expression was found in the garden in front of the home of Bill and Susan Kneebone of Ludlow. They had arranged small American flags to be positioned amongst the red and white and blue petunias to honor the day. While there was no marching band parading by the garden, the symbol was just as meaningful.
- Rainer Braendlein on Perkinsville Church Shows ‘Bonhoeffer’ Documentary on Wednesday, January 19
- Kathleen Leber on Devereux says he cosponsored mandatory teacher retirement bill but didn’t mean it
- Vermont Country wedding on LOCAL COUPLE TAKES THE CAKE AT NATIONAL COMPETITION
- Salmon Fletcher Dutton vii on Celebrating Proctorsville
- Vermont Country Wedding on LOCAL COUPLE TAKES THE CAKE AT NATIONAL COMPETITION