Did you know that the Springfield Humane Society serves five communities (including Ludlow and Cavendish), yet gets none of its funding from taxpayer dollars? Nor does the nonprofit receive financial support from any national humane organizations. All the critters who are helped to heal, find forever homes or be reunited with their worried owners are supported by caring members of the community who volunteer and donate money for their welfare. One of the biggest and happiest events is the annual Paws About Town dog walk, where dog lovers and their tail-wagging pooches walk an easy neighborhood circuit in downtown Springfield, raising pledges and bringing attention to the plight of those who cannot speak for themselves. Join us on Saturday May 19 at 9:30 at Riverside Middle School, rain or shine. Bring a friend, bring a dog or two, and bring your much appreciated donations. Plan early to get these important donations in time for the event by downloading a pledge sheet at spfldhumane.org Click on Upcoming Events, then Paws About Springfield. Or pick one up at the Humane Society at 401 Skitchewaug Trail. Help us reach our goal for this year of $3,000.00. No donation is too small when it comes to helping our homeless companion friends. For more information call Springfield Humane Society at 885-3997.
- susan (holland) Olendzenski on Contact Us
- Lyndon Crepps on Dogs in Hot Cars: Don’t Do It!
- Ralph Pace on RITE AID FOUNDATION DONATES BABY FORMULA, FIRST AID AND CLEANING SUPPLIES
- Handmade Jewelry on RITE AID FOUNDATION DONATES BABY FORMULA, FIRST AID AND CLEANING SUPPLIES
- Sheryl Rodgers on Philip M. Anderson, Formerly of Ludlow and Springfield, VT